It’s that time of year again. The NASCAR season is right around the corner, and your weekends will be packed with racing again before you know it. It’s time to take a look at the NASCAR Xfinity Series schedule and the races that could highlight the 2023 season.
NASCAR’s top support series, the Xfinity Series, looks poised for an exciting season. Some big names in the series have made the jump, such as Noah Gragson, AJ Allmendingerand Ty Gibbswhich should make for an exciting championship chase all year long.
To properly prepare for the upcoming Xfinity Series campaign, here’s a look at the 2023 schedule, and where to watch each race. We’ll also take a look at which races everyone will have their eyes on this season.
NASCAR Xfinity Series Schedule & TV Channels
Regular Season Races
- February 18: Beef. It’s What’s For Dinner. 300 at Daytona International Speedway (FS1)
- February 25: Production Alliance Group 300 at Auto Club Speedway (FS1)
- March 4: Alsco Uniforms 300 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (FS1)
- March 11: United Rentals 200 at Phoenix Raceway (FS1)
- March 18: Nalley Cars 250 at Atlanta Motor Speedway (FS1)
- March 25: Pit Boss 250 at Circuit of the Americas (FS1)
- April 1: ToyotaCare 250 at Richmond Raceway (FS1)
- April 15: Call 811 Before You Dig 250 at Martinsville Speedway (FS1)
- April 22: Ag-Pro 300 at Talladega Superspeedway (FS1)
- April 29: A-Game 200 at Dover Motor Speedway (FS1)
- May 13: Mahindra ROXOR 200 at Darlington Raceway (FOX)
- May 27: Alsco Uniforms 300 at Charlotte Motor Speedway (FS1)
- June 3: Pacific Office Automation 147 at Portland International Raceway (FS1)
- June 10: DoorDash 250 at Sonoma Raceway (FS1)
- June 24: Tennessee Lottery 250 at Nashville Superspeedway (USA)
- July 1: TBA race, Chicago Street Course (USA)
- July 8: Alsco Uniforms 250 at Atlanta Motor Speedway (USA)
- July 15: Crayon 200 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway (USA)
- July 22: Explore The Pocono Mountains 225 at Pocono Raceway (USA)
- July 29: Henry 180 at Road America (NBC)
- August 5: New Holland 250 at Michigan International Raceway (NBC)
- August 12: Pennzoil 150 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course (USA)
- August 19: Sunoco Go Rewards 200 at Watkins Glen International (USA)
- August 25: Wawa 250 at Daytona International Speedway (USA)
- September 2: Sport Clips Haircuts VFW Help A Hero 200 at Darlington Raceway (USA)
- September 9: Kansas Lottery 300 at Kansas Speedway (NBC)
Round of 12
- September 15: Food City 300 at Bristol Motor Speedway (USA)
- September 23: Andy’s Frozen Custard 300 at Texas Motor Speedway (USA)
- October 7: Drive for the Cure 250 at Charlotte Motor Speedway Roval (USA)
Round of 8
- October 14: Alsco Uniforms 302 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (USA)
- October 21: Contender Boats 300 at Homestead-Miami Speedway (NBC)
- October 28: Dead On Tools 250 at Martinsville Raceway (USA)
- November 4: Xfinity Series Championship at Phoenix Raceway (USA)
Top Races to Watch
The big addition to the NASCAR calendar is a trip to Grant Park in downtown Chicago, and the Xfinity Series will be putting in laps on the shores of Lake Michigan on Saturday, July 1st. The street circuit weekend will be a big test for NASCAR and its aspirations to race more city street circuits. There will be pressure on each series for a successful race that fans want to see more of.
The addition of a street circuit race in Chicago brings the Xfinity Series to a whopping eight road courses, almost a quarter of the schedule. One makes the playoffs, with the Charlotte Roval race serving as the cutoff race for the Playoff Round of 12. With road course ringer Allmendinger now driving in the Cup Series full-time for Kaulig RacingXfinity Series road course races will look much different at the front in 2023.
As always, all eyes will be on the opening race of the season at Daytona. Both Daytona races in 2022 were hectic. Just ask Jeremy Clements, who wrecked out of February’s Daytona race early in the first stage, and managed to win August’s Daytona race in triple overtime. Daytona can be calamitous and chaotic, and that’s the charm of one of the most famous racetracks in America.
Featured Image Credit: James Gilbert/Getty Images